I am truly honored by Pastor J at Reinventing the We’ll for nominating me for this award. Pastor J’s blog is such an inspiration to me and I would ask that all of you check it out– http://jelillie.wordpress.com/ . This man is a truly humble man of God who honors the gift of being a shepherd to his flock.
I don’t know too much about the award, but I keep thinking it’s a ‘lobster’ award and I like lobster so I accept. From what I understand I am to answer 11 questions, then come up with 11 nominees to pass the award on to, create a set of 11 questions I believe appropriate to my nominees and notify them that they’ve been nominated. Just as it took Pastor J several blog posts to fulfill the requirements of accepting this award, to answer the 11 questions will take me several days… so please bear with me.
I’ve decided it be best for me to wait after our Christmas festivities to begin answering the 11 questions, and pass on the award. May your time with family and loved ones be filled with all the “love” of our Savior’s birth, the joy of knowing His love and the peace that passes all human understanding.
1 John 3:1 “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!… “
Once again I am humbled by receiving another award. I would like to thank Faith at www.faithrises.com for this nomination. I pray that what the Lord gives me to share is inspiring and also encouraging. Actually, these awards are difficult for me to accept… because this blog is for the glory of our Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ. Sometimes I think that possibly these awards from other brothers and sisters in Christ are an example of what Paul meant when he wrote letters to the churches and individuals.
” I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,” Philippians 1:3
” I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers,” Philemon 1:4
1) Display the award logo on your blog.
2) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3) State 7 things about yourself.
4) Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5) Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Hmmmm… Now I must tell you seven “things” about myself?
- I love being outdoors, God’s creation continues to amaze me, even with the mess “man” has made of it.
- I don’t get involved in politics, I’ll be writing about that soon.
- Tomorrow is my birthday… I think? Getting too old to remember! 🙂
- I don’t know how to swim.
- I save everything (so my kids tell me), but I don’t… once in a while I do throw a twist tie away from a bread wrapper.
- I was married on June 14th… my first child was born on March 14th. 🙂 (9 month anniversary)
- I am always looking to the clouds… waiting and ready
I would like to nominate a young man who is a true inspiration to me. On his blog http://dailyaspects.wordpress.com/ he is sharing his walk with the Lord. I do not know his name, as he chooses to remain anonymous. Since I began reading his blog, I rejoice every time he makes another glorious move into becoming the servant of the Lord he desires to be.
I would also like to nominate another Lisa at Life’s Little Slices http://alookintomymind.wordpress.com/. Her blog touches on today’s issues within the Body the Christ that some may not like, however, I respect the fact that she is willingly to follow the Lord’s will for her life. Check out her blog… you will find some very interesting information!
Let us all rejoice in our salvation, so freely given to us who deserve nothing from a Holy God— and yet, He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to be the atonement we so desperately needed. Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say REJOICE!
Angela, a wonderful sister in the Lord, nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Angela’s blog is filled with honest, heartfelt and so much wisdom. I do love this woman very much and her posts are inspiring— you should check out her blog http://meetingintheclouds.wordpress.com/
I believe the guidelines for accepting the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award are:
1. Share seven things about yourself.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Place the award on your blog.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers.
7 Things About Me
1. I enjoy painting–I do mostly abstracts. My children and grandkids get them as gifts (because they ask for them.)
2. My favorite movies are “Pay it Forward” and “Fireproof”
3. I haven’t read any other book than the Bible for many, many years. I am one who still prefers the Kings James Version, but I do use others (NKJV, ESV, NIV) for reference on occasion.
4. I am a fan of football~~ and I am a “cheesehead”… Green Bay Packers
5. I don’t like this part of writing about myself for these awards. 😦
6. I absolutely love children, everywhere. It breaks my heart when I see or know of a child in need. I thank God, that through Jesus Christ we can bring our petitions to Him for these little ones.
7. I have Christian radio or CD’s playing all throughout the day! I love music that praises and worships our Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ.
I would like to nominate two sisters in the Lord for this award, because their blogs are well worth reading and gleaning truths from.
from the heart of J is a beautiful blog! She uses pictures/photos coupled with Scripture to convey some wonderful Bible truths. Check our her site http://throughhimwithhiminhim.wordpress.com/
Poetry by Deborah is filled daily with new poems she herself writes. They cover every experience a believer can go through. Check our her blog http://poetrybydeborahann.wordpress.com/
May you both continue to allow the Lord to use you for His glory!